By Scott Kanowsky
Investing.com — Stocks in focus in premarket trade on Wednesday, October 5th. Please refresh for updates.
- Twitter (NYSE:) shares dipped 0.6% after they moved sharply higher on Tuesday on a report that Elon Musk would offer to buy the social media company for the initially agreed-upon price of $44 billion. Musk later confirmed the speculation in a letter to Twitter.
- Tesla (NASDAQ:) stock also moved 1.9% lower following chief executive officer Musk’s reversal on the Twitter deal.
- General Motors (NYSE:) shares fell 2.5% after Morgan Stanley downgraded its price target on the automaker.
- Ford (NYSE:) shares moved 1.2% higher after the Morgan Stanley analysts raised their rating for the carmaker to overweight from equal weight.
- Bionano Genomics (NASDAQ:) stock rose 11.2% after the company unveiled new research exploring the use of optical genome mapping in the fight against liver cancer.